CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 8, 2007

Round 1 Day 11 PT

Took the big step today and turned in my prescription for physical therapy. I went to Bea Ellis here in Livingston. (She is also our school board president.) I thought I was just asking about when I could get an appointment, but the receptionist asked if I wanted to stay or come back another day....so I stayed.

This was more interesting than I thought...though not how you'd think! :) This morning I had no intention of doing any PT so I put on a cute top that ties in the back. I have a difficult time getting into this top when I DON'T have problems with my arms, let alone when I do! I could get it half-way on, but finally started calling in the girls (who were getting ready and didn't respond) and then Graland. So it is quite the effort to get the thing on me, but I figure, Hey, I'll be in this all day, right?! After getting it on, I couldn't get both arms behind me to do the tie, so Abbie was close by, so I asked her to tie it. She did. Then I checked it out in the mirror where she tells me she double knotted it..well, what do you expect...every 2nd grader double knots!! :)

So after Bea does an evaluation of me, she tells me to get into the hospital gown and I let her know there is no way I'm getting out of this top alone! lol So YES she spends about 10 minutes getting this double tie out!! She says she usually does these tie things for her patients!!

She starts me on an electrical impulse gadget that loosens the muscles. She says I've got frozen shoulder, which was not unusual. This feels SOOOO awesome..gotta get one for home! ha ha But, yes, feels wonderful. 20 minutes. After this we went out to the mats for the hard labor. It felt great...it hurt, but it felt great! One of the exercises I did (which I have to do at home) was to hold a stick (like a broom handle) with both arms (lying on my back). Raise the bar over my head..or at least as high as I could and hold it there. YEOW!!! Also had to hold my elbow straight as I favor it bended. It is an effort to keep it straight and it does hurt to fully extend it, but YEAH!!! I did it! :) 20 reps. She also showed me an exercise that Val (sister) had also shown me. Sitting with body forward, hang arm down and let it whirl one way and then the other.

She also did a lot of massage, kneading, and pulling, stretching. It was heavenly, but she did say I'd be hurting when I left...which I was...but a good hurt! :) I'll go back on Monday! I'll have that stick up and back behind the head by then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Trina might have some competition for her work out queen job. I'm so proud of you for making your physical therapy appointment, and isn't God great??? He didn't give you a chance to worry, dread, or even have to think about your appointment before going. He just opened that door right up, didn't He? (And slammed it shut before you could escape???) You did good, girl!

Anonymous said...

Exactly what went through my mind when she gave me the option of staying or coming back!! lol I won't have to think about it if I just stay now!! I'm so glad I did!