CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

R2 D1 2nd chemo & haircut

Had such a looooong day yesterday! Started at 8am for my blood work to make sure my white blood counts were up so I could do my second round of chemo. Let me tell you upfront that I have been feeling awesome!! Can eat, go to physical therapy, church, etc. At 10am when I saw my doctor, she said my counts were low!! grrr I said, You're kidding!! I feel GREAT!! Normal range is 1500, low range is 1000. I was 1100. So there was question whether I'd get in today or if I'd have to come back in a few days. Turned out she let me go ahead and get it. I just need to watch for sick people, so I don't catch anything.

Also while I was there, she asked if I had goiter!! WHAT??!!! (actually another nurse and she gave it to doctor) Apparently I have a large area at the base of my neck. So, more bloodwork for that. She didn't think it was anything related to what I'm going through now, so good! :) The OTHER thing was a rather personal problem! *rolleyes* My youngest is 8 years old. I breastfed, but when we stopped...it all stopped! Now 8 years later, I am getting a tiny bit of leakage!! Can you imagine??!!! It's only happened maybe 3 times, but she did a breast check and sure enough some came out. She says, Um...that's a lot of milk! :lol So, another test to check the prolactin level on that. Doctor assumed me that the March xrays and sonogram showed nothing going on there, so again, she's not worried, but getting it checked out!

Best news of all!! She asked dozens of questions about my first round: headaches, nausea, vomiting, mouth ulcers, you name it, she asked it. I was a pretty resounding no to most of her questions! :) A couple of headaches (they come from the anti-nausea meds) and a day of feeling some nausea (but not to the point of vomiting). Other than that, after that first 4 days, I was doing great!! OK, here's the good news, she said, That's good to hear...you first round is normally your worst! YIPPPEEEEE I told her I was going to believe that and plan on an awesome round! I canceled my PT for Wed & Fri, but I'm going in this morning, by golly!

The big question: did I get my hair cut?! YES!! Imaging GI Jane and NOT Brittany Spears!! :howl It isn't to the scalp and shiny clean, but it is the very lowest setting they had, which I really like!! I look like I could kick some butt with this hairdo!! But I do have caps and a couple of wigs (they gave me one free when I got my cut) thta I spent a lot of time on last night.. Graland said, You must be excited about all your new choices! I am!! :)
Answer: NO!!! I didn't break down, go into hysterics, or even shed a tear!! Graland waited outside while I got it cut in case I needed to let it all out! :hug But the lady and I joked the whole time. She wasn't sure if I was ready to get it cut as I still had so much hair. But I grabbed it from the size and she did to to pull out a large handful of hair! :lol She says, Yep! You're ready all right!

She told me about how I could get one of the wigs from the other room (small selection) and how that wives will pick one but their husbands always say, No go for the red head, or other sexy looking wig. She says you can always tell their fantasies!! :howl We had a good time. I guess if it weren't falling out all over the place and the hassle it was getting to be, it would have been different. But it WAS a hassle!! I couldn't wait to get there to get it done! (git-r-done as the rednecks would say!) So, I like it..and know the prickle-ys will fall out eventually, but right now, I LOVE my prickles!!

(Just want to mention for Sunday School...that I still have MORE hair than Jay!! I told them last Sunday that I was getting a Jay cut.)

Well, off to PT! As always, keep me in your prayers...this is obviously all that gets me through each day!! There is no way and no reason why I should be positive...but I know I have a zillion people praying. If you didn't know how far your prayers went, then now you do. I have such a faithful God! :)

Also, it was soooo good to hear from Graland growing up years Rhonda & Roy yesterday!! You are so encouraging !! Thanks so much for sharing your heart with us. And, Donna, you always know just the words to say... :) I took them with me yesterday to the hospital. ((hug)) In case anyone is wondering...Donna has a new theme song...but I'm saying what it is!! ha ha

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look out Bea! The official butt-kicker is "In The House"! Girlfriend, with your new cap on (which is very stylish and soooo cuuuute)you ROCK! As for my new theme song, if you were anywhere near the Edge last night as I pulled up, you got to hear it being sung to me. Boy do I feel special or what(or should I say "big"). Rock-On JoAn!
Love,
Donna