CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

R2 D2 the NEW ME!! :)


Here is the new me!! Feeling great after yesterday's chemo. Slept like a log last night and haven't had any nausea or anything. In fact, I felt well enough to go into PT this morning. After wall, Dr. Green said I would be feeling fine, so I am! I am thrilled with my new do...it's what my hair last year was SUPPOSED to do, but didn't! lol Have a great appetite and thankfully so, as we were delivered a feast the other night!

(EDITED TO ADD: keep in mind this is my first day with the new wig...I didn't know how to style it yet!! Much better picture here. )

I had the best conversation with an older man at PT!! He told me how good my color was (no, he was NOT hitting on me!! lol). I told him I had chemo yesterday and I think I floored him. He told me he was doing well and in fact, he said his doctor didn't think he needed to go to PT anymore, but he argued for it. I told him I agreed with him. He knows what a great group it is there, how encouraging and helpful. Yes, we all hurt while we're there, but just knowing that we are getting stronger each time means the world...and being in such a nice, safe, and non-threatening environment is an added bonus. I think if he or I needs to be there if only for piece of mind and to let your body know it's moving in a positive direction, then DO IT!! :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! You look beautiful!!! I absolutely love the new do. I wish I could get my hair to do that. BUT...the most beautiful thing about you is your smile. It shows how beautiful your heart and soul are. God is so amazing. Thank you for continuing to praise His precious and holy name through everything. What a mighty God we serve!
Donna

Anonymous said...

Jo, I was thinking the same things that Donna! That wonderful smile and the beautiful hairdo is great! You are a great inspiration to all of us!