CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 28, 2007

R2 D9 & 10 rest revisited

I can't believe I would leave out the biggest reason I couldn't sleep in bed! My abdomen!!! With the tummy tuck, I couldn't turn, lie flat, or get into a seated position to get out of bed. My scar there is doing so well and is still healing nicely. Look forward to the day when it blends in with my skin tone. It still hurts to sneeze and I don't think I ready yet for crunches. Though I have to say that toned, sculpted abs SOOOO appeals to me!! I'll have to take out my TaeBo for abs again (one day).

Another thing that has come to pass..or in this case NOT come to pass is AF. The doctor had told me the chemo would leave me sterile (which I'm OK with!!!), so no AF. Sure enough, Aunt Flo was supposed to be here this week and she never arrived. The lousy part about that is that they tell me I still have to use some type of protection. grrr They don't want any babies during chemo...even though no Af/sterile. Don't really get it, but I'm listening...and no, I'm not wanting to get pg during chemo (or after chemo for that matter!).

On to better news...I think my UTI went away on it's own!!! I had a urine culture done several days ago and it STILL has not come back. That was on Monday. They said it would take 72 hours. Didn't give me anything/ or any suggestions for in the meantime. ahem Called Donna and she said lots of Cranberry juice and then my sister Val (a PA) said Vitamin C (which is in Cranberry juice). So I'm doing both. I CANNOT do straight Cranberry juice and kudos for you if you can. YUCK!!! But I did find a 100% Cranberry and other juices. I love it!!! So I do that and the Vitamin C tablets. No more burning or running for the bathroom every 3 minutes. I imagine the doctors office will call sometime with a prescription...which I won't have to use!

On to still better news! I am about ONE inch away from being able to stretch my arm up and touch the top jamb of the door!!!!! I couldn't get it past my hip when I started PT. We mark the bathroom door opening as to how far I can reach. It started out about rear high. I couldn't reach at all. And now I can crawl my fingers up as far as ALMOST the very top!!! I could cry!!! THANK YOU SHERRY!!!! AND BEA!!! and all the other PTs at Bea's House of Torture. :o) Rotating out to the side is still a bear and I don't think I'm ready to beat anyone up yet. Tried doing Turbo Jam the other other night...wasn't ready for that one either!! lol But it WON'T BE LONG!!! YIPPPPEEEEEEE

0 comments: