CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Taxol round 5..a 'coulda been bad' visit

What a leisurely day we had! :) Didn't have to leave for this chemo until 7:00am...that is like MID-day!!! We've been getting up at 5/5:30, but since I already had lab work on Thurs, we were able to leave later. YEAH! Traffic was good...and made it right at 8:30. Got in pretty quickly and actually went to the RIGHT room this time! The nurse got a kick out of my story from last week...going to the wrong room right after he told which one to go to! UGH! Anyway, the nurse came in and we did the ID check thing and meds you're on thing. The MOMENT she left, I exclaimed (pardon me) OH crap! Graland was like WHAT?! I forgot to put on my numbing cream on my port!!! We always have breakfast between lab work and chemo and time it perfectly for it be nice and numb for the chemo stick. OOOHHHH NOOOO!!!! So quickly get out the cream and load it on the port. By the time she comes back it's been on there about 12 minutes...usually put it on there 45 minutes prior to chemo. She was aware of all of this and said it may be too early for it to be working just yet. So thinking back to the nurse absolutely HURTING me when she did back in May, but ALSO thinking that that nurse was accessing it for the first time...and that part was already done now. So, kept the faith that it would be just fine and guess what? It was!!! It was a little stick, but no more than I get in my arm during blood work! (That other time, it stayed the entire treatment and afterwards!)

Got caught up on I Love Lucy (the famed stomping grapes for wine episode) and graded most of my papers from school and did grades. I questioned the nurse about there not being a blood word time listed on my next visit and she said there were only 3 more times that blood would be taken for me! YIPPEE!! Not that I mind giving blood, I'll do that anytime. It just adds an hour and a half to the trip!!! So, shorter trips! woohoo

Not sure, but I think my toes felt numb after treatment today. I'll keep an eye on it. I put some of my ice from my drink on them. (recommended from hospital)

I added a little signature area to my post today and may keep that up for a while...at least during chemos to show you exactly WHERE I AM in my treatments! :o) As you can see, I just did round 5 of 12 rounds of Taxol.

Talked with Zach today and he sounded soooo good! We did a computer to computer voice chat through IM. He sent me a music file that he recorded on his mic of 3 guys in his dorm playing music: a guitar, a mandolin, and a violin. It as THE coolest music and I was thoroughly impressed with it!! Wished I was there!

Diagnosed with breast cancer January 29, 2007.
Mastectomy (4/09/07) Reconstruction (4/25/07) & Chemo. Keep me in your prayers.
Big chemo 1 2 3 4 Taxol (weekly)1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

0 comments: