CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Taxol 4 & Relay Garage Sale

Had my fourth round of Taxol this morning. We got up around 4 and left about 5:15 or so to get there for the 7 am appt. The only thing different is that they decreased my steroid dosage by more than half. It was uneventful. Had another awesome nurse in the lab for my initial stick in blood work. By the way...I am feeling sooo much better!!! Still have the coughs, but the neck ache and headache have finally subsided. I did tell the nurse giving me chemo that I had fever this week and a cough. She asked if I had contacted my doctor...no, fever was never up to 101. She said originally that my numbers were good and had me hooked up ready to go. She called the doctor and found out everything was good enough to go ahead and do the treatment. I'm pooped tonight, but it has been a very long day!

After chemo (11:30) we had some lunch then went back home for a short time to check on the girls. Then we went over to Pedigo Park where Pine Ridge was having a Relay for Life Garage Sale (during Livingston Trade Days). Graland agreed to take me with the provision that I sit and only stay a very short while...a few minutes, but in those few...I got some GREAT items that I can't wait to wear to school!!! Shown is just part of the group that worked. Our counselors and some 1st grade teachers! The gorgeous scarf I'm wearing came from Kathryn, who is standing beside me! I love it!!! Greens, blacks, and definitely some animal print in it! :)
-------------------------
Forgot to say!!! NO ONE but the people living in this house have ever seen me without my hair or a scarf...UNTIL...Friday! Donna and I were talking and she asked about how the hair would grow back or something...don't remember!!! When I asked if she'd like to see it! I told her no one had ever asks and I didn't want to freak anyone out by just not having the scarf or hair on! lol She said YES I DO!!! Of course, I told her she had to feel it! Abbie just runs her hand across it all the time..it is soft and fuzzy. Told her I was going to come to her house last weekend (after our fluency test with the students..where a couple had trouble with the word *I*. I told her I was going to come with my scarf on and tell her it was time to see me without it. Cause I sure don't mind. BUT, I was going to have an *I* marked on the back of my head and explain that ALL my kids knew that word...don't know why?! lol

About that time, Heather was coming down the hall and passing by Donna's door so I called her in. She thought it was cool looking too. And was very sweet in saying that I had a nice face for the hairstyle! :o) awwwwww Put my hair back on quickly and asked how long it took THEM in the morning to do THEIR hair!! ha ha
-----------------
Speaking of hair...Abbie keeps saying it is growing longer...it may be...just a little. But, at the same time, I've been noticing that I have hair on my shirt. Plucked some earlier and yep, it's still just falling out! lol I haven't been bald yet, but it may still be to come.
--------------------
And one other thing...errrrr! My fingers and my brain are not working in complete unison anymore. When I type, I have to go back over many times to get it right. Backward combinations, strange words...and I am a very good typist too! When I write to Zach sometimes he gives me a ??? in reply....cause the words are odd! Also, this morning I couldn't remember my patient number!! You have to write it every time and say it to anyone you meet there (doctors/nurses) for safety. It is 6 numbers and I got the two sets of 3 backwards, but keep the doubles in the place they were supposed to be, so the number was a complete loss!! I had to go ask Graland what the number was! Hope I don't get much worse.

0 comments: