CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 21, 2007

meeting with Dr. Green

Had my meeting with Dr. Green on Thursday after blood work. I told her about sister being diagnosed and she asked if I wanted to have genetic testing done to see if this was a genetic type cancer. I said yes, we had talked about this a while back and I had wanted to get it done whenever it was appropriate to do so. So, it will take a few weeks to get on the calendar for this. She said something about a mutated gene that is passed normally if you get this in your 30s or earlier...that would be genetic. But normally for an older person (like me) this is about the age you would get it genetic or not. And that w/o it being genetic, your odds are low of getting it.

With that said, she told me that her grandmother, aunt and sister have breast cancer, however, after seeing the genetic testing, she only has a 3% chance of getting it...because it wasn't a mutated gene that was passed along. (hope I got that right!!)

So, we'll see later what this testing says for us (for the girls).
---------------
She asked "about when did you get your fevers last week?" I answered "about the time all the kids coughed on me!!" lol In other words, it wasn't from the chemo. :) I was glad to answer "no" to most of the side effect questions. All but one...aches in the joints...which I do have in the legs. I get it more to the middle/end of the week. I feel it in my walking.
------------
Sherry? It was my wedding band, wasn't it? :o) I remembered as soon as I got to the car!

Speaking of Sherry...I'm down to just ONE day a week now! Yeah! Although, it is sooo family there...it is actually NOT good news for me! :o( But guess what Sherry? I am going for 100%!!! I WILL do it!! Maybe 97%, but as close to 100 as I can get! I AM going to start the rotation like you tested that I have NEVER made progress on. Abbie is helping me on that. Holding down my shoulder so it doesn't lift and rotating the arm forward to mat and backward (upward?) to mat above head. Also getting the arm straight up and over to my ear to mat. She loves to 'therapy' me and does a good rotation of the arm in all directions before going to the one in question. She does a good "You're doing so good!" just like you do, too! :)
--------------
We were blessed again by our church yesterday. A friend talked recently about humility....and that certainly applies to us...we are so humbled by these saints. It is amazing to see God at work.
--------------
Working on getting my waistline back!!! I just don't have my stomach muscles back yet! Just like the arm, I wasn't exercising the stomach and still can't lay down just using my body. I have to use my arms to lower myself or grab hold of my bent knees and roll myself down.
------------
I am so glad that I don't have all the answers! Faith is NOT my being blind or my NOT doing something. I think I have done all that is possible in my case...and praise God that He has done the rest. He tells me to think of the things of today..and gosh there must be a reason! To keep my sanity! To keep me from despair or discouragement. Because when I think too far ahead, Satan attacks me. This can be seen as weakness or not doing what is best for me. But KNOWING that I AM doing ALL that I possibly could be doing at this moment, including diet, exercise, and most importantly, listening to God promises, I think I am right where He wants me to be. I thank the ladies I have spoken with recently for their encouragement and prayers!
---------
Big day tomorrow! Round 5 of 12!!! ALMOST half-way there!!! Thanksgiving will be here in no time! These weekly's sure do make your year go by quickly! Not that I'd recommend this to anyone or anything!! ha ha

0 comments: