CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 21, 2007

R3 D9 & 10 um, is this energy?

For a shot that knocked me on my hiney, it appears also to have given me a lot of energy. Waking early and ready to get school stuff done. Felt well enough that in the evening I told Graland that it would be fun to join the girls for VBS sports camp. Sherry has been taking the girls each evening (her church) and they have been having sooo much fun! Tonight is water play. Graland says, Well, I haven't seen you have so much energy, go ahead and go!

I see why they loved it so much all week! The kids are having an awesome time, and the message is very clearly stated. It is comforting to say that the message was an exact message I read last week or two... that when Jesus sent the disciples across the sea (when it started raging and they thought they saw a ghost, but it was Jesus...then Peter said, If it is you, call me to you..then Peter also walked on water until he saw the waves and frightened calling out to Jesus to save him). The point was "WHO was it who sent them there in the first place?" It wasn't that they had done something wrong and found themselves now in this place. Jesus sent them there. I find myself with C, not because I did something wrong... Jesus put me here. He had a whole lot in store for the disciples...and I am sure He has a lot in store for me as well.

One of the things at VBS was a slip & slide filled with bubbles. Donna, Sherry, and Janie were also there and we wanted to go down the slip & slide too. The teens had a rope that went across the slide for the kids to hold on to...usually they are on their bellies. Well, I couldn't do the belly thing, so I held on with a different grip holding my arms tight and at my side and sitting on my legs (man, that was a bad description!). Anyway, they started off, and the first thing I felt was my arms coming out of what I thought was this great hold...so I let go immediately and they all went down together. It looked like so much fun. Sadly, I felt like this was the first thing I wasn't able to do. :( Put me in a damper for a bit, but not for long...it was time to sing! And there ain't NO damper when you CAN lift your arms in praise!! And they were singing some great praise songs! Thank you Sherry so much for thinking of my babies and taking them all week...and the big baby too! :o)

And Saturday...did a lot of work in my classroom! Got most of the door completely, but there wasn't any green butcher paper, so could only do so much. Graland came too, and completed some "guy" work that needed to be done. You just do NOT realize how much you use your arms until you hang paper over a door. You need BOTH arms, one to hold the paper and the other to staple with. I am SOOO glad I've been doing therapy cause it was a job to get that arm up there...still tight, but you'd never know looking at my door! It looks AWESOME!!!

0 comments: