CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 12, 2007

R3 D1 MD & chemo pics

Left EARLY this morning!!! But it always amazes me how God can wake me up at the moment I need waking! I slept like a rock all night until 5:15 this morning. We wanted to leave about 5:30 and we were close to it! We had already been packed and ready to get in the van to leave.

I took some pictures while I was there. One of the Mays Clinic-which is across the street from MDAnderson and part of them. We are usually on the 5th floor there (breast) or the 8th floor (chemo). The cafeteria is on the second floor..you can see the outdoor seating near the back of the picture by the skytram.



Then another picture of me actually getting the chemo! :) I have a port on my upper chest...I get hooked up with the sleepy meds & antinausea meds before getting the FAC. Thankfully my treatment only got delayed two days. I'll go back in in the morning for the Neulasta shot around lunchtime. So in this picture I am snuggly warm in bed, have my cup of ice to chew on, a book, a remote to the TV, and yeah, the IV of the stuff I'm getting!! It is a private room...they all are. I had an extremely efficient girl this time and we were in and out in no time, so to speak! ps...I had already eaten my brownie, so you can see why I am smiling!




In this picture, we zoomed in a little just to give you an idea of the chemo port. I'm pretty sure you click on the pictures and it will make them larger if you need to see more clearly! This just shows that the IV line from the chemo stand is coming through and into the bandaged area around the port.

What the picture doesn't show is me going to the bathroom...those fluids go RIGHT through you!!! One of the first sets of meds makes you kinda sleepy..which felt delightful!



Doesn't look like I'll go into PT tomorrow...we usually leave an hour and a half before treatment and don't want to be frazzled getting there. So, Sherry...have a marvelous time girl!!! We'll miss you...If you hear a scream early in the morning once your there, it's probably me at therapy. Don't let it upset you or make you want to rush home quickly on my account!! ha ha

0 comments: