CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

R2 D22 waiting

Today was supposed to be R3 D1, but my white blood count was down again. Last round, it was down...borderline and they went ahead and gave it to me. But this time is was below borderline. They rather expected it as it was low last time. So, I'll go back in on Thursday, and it should be back up AND they'll give me a shot of Neulasta, which ups my white blood count so I don't get an infection. The nurse said hopefully our insurance will cover it...she was having the pharmacy look into it...as the shot is VERY expensive... $4000. !!! And I could have it done here or at MD. Apparently insurance will cover part if you take the shot home to do, or the whole thing if you get it done there. Well the pharmacy got back with the nurse and as long as we do it at MD, insurance will cover the whole thing. Praise God!!!! Once I do it this time, I'll have to do it the next round as well. Which, now my rounds will be on Thursdays (this one and the next round)...once you change, you stick with that day. The shot is given the following day (w/in 24 hours, but NOT directly after the chemo).

Small world....I saw Mrs. Peloit (pel-watt) at MD. She had her treatment in Beaumont, but comes to MD for checkups. She taught 2nd grade in Nederland when the older two went to Hillcrest. Neither of them had her, but I knew her all the same. I told her we weren't supposed to be here! She smiled and agreed. She has been retired for some time now.

So, we're back before 9pm!!! Yeah!!! Pray my white blood count is high enough for Thursday/Friday....if it isn't, I'll go again next Tuesday. I just want it to be through before school starts. As it is, I'll still be through before it starts, but I'd like it through before Professional Development Days too. I already have moved up one appointment that would have landed on the 2nd day of school. (changed it today!) I have another one on a Prof. Day that hasn't been changed yet...that would have been an appt for before my Saturday treatments. I feel sure it will be OK if I miss one of those days, and I'm pretty sure I will HAVE to miss this particular one to get started on my Saturdays. Hopefully that one will be an "in your room" day...Aug 21 (Tues)

But...best of all...had a lovely day with Graland! We call it our date day when we get to eat out (MD cafeteria!) God knew what He was doing when He gave me Graland. ((hugs))

0 comments: