CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 13, 2007

R3 D2 neulasta

We went back to MD today to get my neulasta shot. My appt was at 1230 and we were back on the road by 1, I couldn't believe it!! That is record time!! The shot itself is a very tiny needle. The nurse was EXCELLENT!!! She had a perfect stick, said it would sting when it began injecting, but it didn't! :o) She did it VERY slowly as patients have said it stung when it was injected more quickly. So she did a wonderful job. She gave it to me in the back of my right arm into the subcuteaus (sp?) tissue. It will go into the bone marrow, where the white blood cells are formed. She said when I come in next time my numbers will be higher and I'll get the chemo on the first try... so I'm happy to not have any more delays.

I woke so tired this morning and all the way there, but have perked up a bit.

Hoping all goes as planned...I have a tech meeting in Dallas near the end of the month. I'll be going with another teacher..hoping she will do the driving!! I have NO sense of direction. If I need to wear a mask by then, I will.

Didn't make PT..but I did stretch a lot in the car on the way to MD. Not an hour and half worth, but some. :o)

0 comments: