CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Taxol Round 10

Got up early for our 8am appt. Somehow, we always make it there on time...with time to spare! Got settled in and talked with my nurse for a while. She was wonderful..as they all are! Had not had her before. I asked about the numbness and she questioned if I could still button/unbutton. Yes, I can. If I was falling or hurting myself. No, I'm not. GOOD!!! :) She did tell me of a lady who was completely ok, except her nails had turned black. I told her I was feeling good then! Mine aren't black! However, you CAN see each week how much more chemo I've had from the last in my fingernails. The darker color is seeping it's way up the nail. The fingertips are sensitive and oooch...when I knock them against something!! I am continuing to "just live through" the feet thing. The toes are numb, but not to the point that they can't be used for walking. It is just a very strange sensation. I DO sit a lot!!! Just have to. I don't want to get tired. And they hurt when I'm walking on them too much.

She also asked if I'd been at Mays before for my chemo. Well, only once...at the beginning. But I teach, so I do chemo on Saturdays at the Main Building. She said they just don't have many breast patients at the Main...they all go to Mays. That must also be why they always ask if it was Dr. Brown who put in my port....he must not be a breast doctor.

Afterwards, we went to Hobby Lobby and got some things for school before going home. We rested a few minutes, but as the girls were in their Halloween costumes and ready to go to the Fall Festival at one of the churches, I said, Let's go!! We had ALL been looking forward to this! Central Baptist does this and it is always very nice! We were able to stay a couple of hours for crafts, food, and inflatables. It was good to see the girls having so much fun and to be able to do it with them.

Need I say more when I say TWO MORE TO GO!!! YIPPPPEEEEEEE

0 comments: