CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Taxol Round 7

Had my 7th round of Taxol yesterday and it went well. The weather was horrible, horrible rains coming into Houston. But it got better as we neared Anderson. And on the way home it was beautiful! After last week's LONG treatment, this one was a breeze! In and out in 2 hours!!! This was record time for us. It began with signing in and the receptionist asked how we were doing and I asked her the same thing. She replied with As long as God is still sitting on the throne, I'm just fine!!! I smiled real big and gave her a resounding YES MA'AM!!!

Our nurse was very efficient and checked on me several times once she got me going. I started just after 9 and was out by 11. I remembered to put on the cream in time so that was a good thing! :o)

We went by Hobby Lobby afterwards and got some fabric for my 50s Day skirt. I had gotten a pattern and some nice fabric. When I got to the counter the lady asked if this was for a poodle skirt. I told her it was and she immediately said, No go back and get the felt, put back the pattern, and I'll just tell you how to make it! So I went back and got the felt and she explained what to do. Then, even though she had a line waiting, she asked if the floral print I got was for my scarf 9for the neck) and I said No, it was a scarf for my head. So she went over to the chiffon and cut off some black and said it would be a sample piece (though it was quite large enough for the actual scarf). She gave me instructions on how to sew it into a scarf...She was so friendly. I have the skirt cut out, but still need to do the waist on it and put on my applique. It will be beautiful when I finish!

Couldn't sleep last night. I usually can't on the night of chemo. The pads of my toes are going numb. Feels like they're asleep...doesn't hurt, but they feel odd.

Diagnosed with breast cancer January 29, 2007.

Mastectomy (4/09/07) Reconstruction (4/25/07) & Chemo. Keep me in your prayers.
Big chemo 1 2 3 4 Taxol (weekly)1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12

0 comments: