CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 28, 2007

a GREAT visit with Zach!!!

We went to Nacogdoches to see Zach after church & Sunday School. We had agreed on a time the night before and planned on eating lunch together. We brought the dorm size fridge from the house to take to his room. Also his winter jacket. When we got there we came out to greet us. Graland was having me call his room to let him know we were there and there he was coming out to the van. :) He looked great although thinking back...I forgot to check if he'd put on any weight! He DOES get his three meals a day at the cafeteria and he DOES like to eat. shoot! I'll have to do a better job next time I see him! lol

His room is still pretty bare and unfortunately when I bought all the goodies for the dorm I forgot to get a broom. So, needless to say, after lunch we went to WalMart for some essentials. A broom, room freshener, drinks for the fridge, etc. When we came back Zoe swept the room. When I went to hang up his jacket there was ONE shirt hanging in the closet!! That was all that was in there!!! lol I said, Um Zach...you think you might need to do some laundry? He says, I still have one day left in there!! lol So funny!! But he was right and I know he'll get it done.

I talked with him about maybe catching a ride with another Livingston-ite who also goes to SFA. We'd love to help her out with gas fare...just need to get her email so we can contact her. But really, I know Zach won't want/need to come home every weekend or even every other weekend. But going 2 months in a row is just out of the question!!! Just no reason for that. And that's just too long for me. As it is, probably the next time we see him will be Thanksgiving. Unless he sneaks home sooner. I can only hope! :)

I asked how often they do family dinners at Wisely. He said at least 3 or 4 times a week. Actually, I meant in the dorm there...there is a dining room table by the kitchen...but he was referring to going to the cafeteria in the student center. They all go together...so that makes me feel good! Also, they are still going to Fredonia Hill Baptist together and that REALLY makes me feel good!!! Sunday school then church.

I can't find anything that he is NOT liking. The classes sound great and I think it is a good school for him. I am SO glad we got to see him. He was glad to see us too...of course, the Reeces and beef jerky didn't hurt anything either! :)

0 comments: