CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Taxol Round1 Day1

Wow!! Saturday is THE day to drive in Houston!! :) Or at least early in the morning is!

Had a bite of breakfast as soon as we got to the Main Building, then off to the chemo floor. Weighed in (still gaining...Dr. Green says because of the steroids) and had blood pressure taken.

This time, I did not get the before-chemo bags. The ones with anti-nausea or calming drug. Just 10 whatevers of steriod. She said if this goes well, then they'll drop it down to 4 whatevers. So, steroids first then waited about 20 minutes for it to get in my system. Then started the bag of taxol. It ran about a hour I guess. They came in every 15 minutes for this one to check blood pressure and temp for fever of any kind. I did feel warm the whole time...while it is usually popsicle freezing over there.

Came home and took a short nap....just from the drive, but some from the chemo too. Also, Graland said he wasn't going to take me to CVS until I napped!! lol He knows what's best for me. It is nearly ten and still no meds!! yipppeeee Hoping tomorrow will be just as good.

CVS...now that most hair has vacated its premises, the eyebrows are starting to thin. I saw several weeks ago eyebrow stencils...to help color in proper shaped eyebrows. I want to start the school year with it at least to a small degree so that when they ARE gone..if they go completely, it won't be a drastic change. We'll already be accustomed to the color pencil. They look very nice and I think I'll get the hang of it quickly.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been so busy lately with school starting and Sunday school lesson preparations that I haven't read your blog in quite a while (a couple of weeks). I was able to take a little time tonight to catch up before going to bed, and I just wanted to share something with you. As I was teaching on the power of encouragement this evening (which thank you for praying for me by the way) you came to my mind. All those times you were going through everything that would be too much for most people to deal with, much less deal with while still singing praises to our awesome, amazing God Almighty. You still took the time to continue to encourage me and those around you instead of thinking of yourself first. JoAn, I love you so much. You are truly one of my heroes. As I shared this with my high school group tonight, they all agreed that when your chemo was over and things were back to normal with your daily schedule that they would like to meet you. I promised them I would encourage you once your chemo is done to join me in leading these incredible kids on Sunday nights. Thanks for being such an amazing woman of God, continuing to live your life as an example to everyone around you. So often we don't realize people are watching, and question if we make a difference or not. You have allowed God to work through your situation and use it to touch so many people. The biggest thing is I know that if you had a choice of going through it as you are, and reaching those around you for His glory OR not going through cancer and living life as you were "pre-cancer" you would choose the path God is having you walk down right now. For that I reason, you are my hero. I'm so proud of you, and I am blessed to call you my friend. I love you!!!