CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Doctors Appt & Meet the Teacher Night

I was able to take the morning off to go to my doctors appt. Had blood work done first, then saw Dr. Green. I talked with Alice first (her nurse) and we talked about the previous round of chemo. I told her it wasn't so bad. The shot was a doozy, but the rest was fine. I did mention that earlier this week I had trouble with my knees. When I'd stand it would be very painful in the knees and sometime it would shoot down my legs making it difficult to stand or walk. It continued through the day, but I thought it was just my knees...as they do that ever so often when I haven't been on stairs or from sitting too long. Alice said it was from the chemo. I remarked, "Really? Even thought it's been a while since the dose?" yep! So now I know to recognize it as that if it happens again. She wrote it down as Loss of function on her chart.

We didn't talk about my blood count so I guess it was OK!! I do go in on Saturday for my Taxol. They all said it was very mild. Good thing...now I can take Tylenol or Advil!!! YEAH!!!! Still have to keep on eye if I get a fever. I can take the anti nausea IF I need it, but she said most don't need anything. So, I don't suppose I'll need anything at all! :)

OH!!!! I got a new scarf! It is beautiful and Zoe says Snazzy! It felt GREAT!!! It has pinks and browns in it and Zoe is right...snazzy!! :)

We went from there straight back to school to finish my morning in preparation for Meet the Teacher night. My room looked fantastic!! Everything was in it's place, nice vanilla aroma, dim lights, powerpoint going, low celtic music. Very pleasant. On the way to the hospital, I looked through last years yearbook and memorized faces and names and did pretty well this evening on putting names to faces. I really do think I have a great class!!!

And I have to say I still have a long way to go on interpreting from a fluent signer!!! I caught some here and there, but she was sooo fast! And ASL. But we DID communicate and she didn't seem at all put out or frustrated with me, so Praise God!!! :) The daughter is a sweetie and I look forward to learning from her as she will from me.

Where is Allen Funt when you need him? (Candid Camera) One of Donna's previous students came in and we were talking in the hall. She came over to me to give me a hug and I felt my hair catch on her barrett or something. At the same time I thought I stepped on her toe and apologized to her. She said, No I didn't step on her toe, but she thought she caught my hair. The teachers standing around all looked quickly!! We joked how I mighta had to hug her a little bit longer until I got my hair back!! ha ha!!!! Come here sweetie...I missed you sooo much!! Let's hug a little longer!! Thankfully, it didn't move or come off or anything!! lol But lesson learned, watch for barretts or eyeglasses!! Could be a little more lesson than what was on the lesson plan! I met 11 of the 18 kids and can't wait to meet the rest of them on Monday!

Did I mention that I cried myself to sleep last night? We were in prayer time and one of the girls did something silly and I kinda giggled. Then I looked at Zach and he was smiling big and I got to laughing. Well, we're in the middle of singing!!! I can't sing or anything cause I got the giggles. When we finish Graland says that that was NO praising and we're doing it again! lol So this time I DON'T look at Zach and keep from looking at him. Then I'm thinking of Newsboys Something Beautiful....the line that always gets me WHEN WE LAUGH SO HARD WE CRY,
OH THE LOVE BETWEEN YOU AND I, SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL. (No this is NOT a romantic song, but a song of family.) I'm not looking and I start crying...we can always look at each other and crack up laughing without saying a word. We've always been able to. I couldn't have asked for a better son. He doesn't talk back, not smart-alecky, and very appreciative. Went to bed and just cried til I slept. I miss my boy.

0 comments: