CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Off to College

Though I didn't think it would happen, I DID live through yesterday. It was as bad as I imagined it would be. :( I woke early for school and Zach had asked to be woken early as well so we could spend time. I've been getting to school at 6, 6:30 each morning even though we don't need to be there until 8. But this morning I waited as long as I could, not getting there until 7:45. I was wobbly, but doing OK until Graland said I HAD to leave. Unfortunately, I lost it then. :( It was bad. I went to Zach and hugged him tight (while bawling) and told him I didn't want him to leave, but that I was so proud of him and I knew he was going to have fun at SFA. (man, that was a run-on sentence!!) I finally just had to turn and leave the house. Got in the truck and cried all the way to school. Graland gave me a napkin before I left! lol I got to school and parked, then just howled! Big sobs, it wasn't pretty. (Almost as bad as my diagnosis the day after I found out and had driven to school that morning...but without the screams.) Kaci told me later that all the girls cried when they left the driveway! :)

You know how you are polite and ask people how they're doing in the morning? Got lots of those and boy, don't you know they wished they hadn't have asked!! lol Just kept saying My son is going to college today! I know they thought something was wrong with me/healthwise. I kept having to just kinda laugh so they knew it wasn't bad news or anything. But I did get to cry on many a shoulder and no one laughed at me thankfully.
-------------------
SFA! Graland took Zach, had breakfast and made it to the dorms. His roommate, Frank, hadn't made it in yet, so Zach got first pick of beds and desks. Yeah! They got everything fixed up, shirts hung, clothes put away, bed made, computer set up and connected to wifi, etc. By the time I got home, Graland had already made it back. I got on the computer and Zach was online (IM). So I got to talk to him online. His laptop has a camera on it, so he showed us his room for a while. Called the girls in so they could see his room too. He was typing, so the camera was on him, so I took a screenshot and saved it. We talked a while and I kept telling him to make sure he ate!!! After a while, I signed off (to encourage his eating).

Later I got back on and he was on again! Said he and 9 others from the dorm had gone to eat at a Mexican restaurant. Yeah!!! I was sooo happy! We talked a while again and then I said I needed to sign off to get ready for my appt on Saturday. Told him goodnight and that I loved him, and wrote that he loved me. So, yes, took another screen shot of the message to keep in my files. It was very special.
---------------------
Can I just say that I have THE best teaching team??!!! The second grade teachers, and YES!!! I DO include our two new teachers are absolutely awesome. The two new teachers are incredible and fit our team like a glove. One of those things where you feel like you've known them for years. We're going to have a great year! God is sooo good!!!! :)

Off to get my chemo!

0 comments: