CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 3, 2007

R4 D2

Made it through my last big round of chemo - FAC. Somehow, didn't feel so good when she was doing it and kinda got an upset stomach. The smell of the alcohol's are strong and hard to handle...so I'm pretty sure that is what it was. So I asked Graland to go me a Coke and the nurse says, Wait, we have some...I'll get one for you. Then I tell him to at least go down and get me some cookies...he starts leaving...No wait, we have those too, I'll get some for you! lol So I ate and drank and it did make me feel better. I'm still tired from the treatment and could really be napping right now, which I'll do. We go back in this afternoon late for the Neulasta shot.

Good news! While talking to Dr. Green I asked about the Taxol. Told her how my first dose is on Saturday before I start school on Monday. She said that wasn't a problem at all...I shouldn't need any meds or anything once I start those like I have now. Much milder. I had the opportunity to get my appt with Dr. Green the Thursday before school starts (which I have) and she said I could get my chemo that day too!! Yeah!! But then I realized I had Meet the Teacher that night and there would be NO WAY I'd be able to make it back in time for that. And I've already promised Dr. Sewell I'd be there. However, promises or no, I do NOT want to miss Meet the Teacher again!! I missed it last year with Aunt Glenda being sick and in the hospital. I need to be there this year...it just sets the year off right and I love to see my babies!! and get to know them early.

Pray for my Neulasta. She did say that my counts were up, but certainly not gangbusters by any means! That is so shocking as I can feel that I had much more energy. But since it was up SOME I'm hoping to not go through and fever this time. Don't mind the aches so much...they go away in a day, and so does the fever...but it concerns me...don't want to make a hospital trip that I don't need to make!

0 comments: