CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

TAKS night at Kaci's school

Tonight was TAKS night at Kaci's school. Very informative..what parents need to expect from 5th graders on the TAKS test. It occurred to me as we were walking to the building that the kids there would be my first year teaching kids!! It was so cool to see so many of them. And OH MY GOSH!!! How they have grown!! They are truly all pre-teens! What was cutest is that they ALL said, "Oh! You got your hair cut!"

Physical Therapy is working with me right now getting the compression pump therapy ordered and running. I'll be getting the pump soon as it comes in and will be going in more frequently (it sounds) for heat therapy and something else...can't remember! Elaine did measurements on my arm today to send in with my prescription. I don't think any of the measurements were more than a 2cm difference from the other arm..I am remembering 1.3cm, maybe a 1.8?

I had a different therapist yesterday who did a much different massage. A very light touch down the arm for quite some time. I asked about it and she said the lymphatic system was very sensitive and that this would stimulate it. Then was followed by the more firm massage.

Dr. Sewell didn't show today...maybe tomorrow. In the meantime, students getting more practice with some of the hands-on stuff we use in the classroom. I had TWO kids absent today! I don't ever have more than one on any one day. Hopefully, they'll both be back tomorrow.

0 comments: