CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 18, 2007

visit with Dr. Green following chemo

Had my follow-up appt with Dr. Green last Thurs. I had information prepared from what I've researched online and she was right in line with everything I had for her! So, on with Tamoxifen. I'll take it for about 2 years and that will be followed by an aromatase inhibitor. This will block the estrogen in my body so my body will think there is none. Apparently, my problem is that I am hormone receptive positive. I don't react well to things with hormones in it.

She said anything that said "this will help with your menopausal symptoms" from the store or pharmacy for me NOT to take. It would invariably have some type of hormone base to it, natural or otherwise.

Next month will be full of appointments beginning with a genetic testing for the bad gene. Then later in the month I'll have chest xray, blood work, ultrasound and biopsy on the neck for the thyroid, a pre-assessment for the port, then these follow the next day: port removal and internal medicine for biopsy report. Tried my best getting my appt. moved to Thanksgiving or Christmas break, but it didn't happen. So, out 3 days in December.

GREAT NEWS!! Zach came in this weekend for our Thanksgiving at Vals (which was nice, btw). He'll be back in a couple of days for Thanksgiving break! This has been so much better than that long 6 weeks from beginning of the semester! :)

0 comments: