CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 24, 2007

tamoxifen

I really have to learn how to spell that!! Graland and I talked about menopause this morning and how long it is supposed to last. I looked it up and it said months to years, so yippee!! lol I have been having night sweats every night since starting the tamoxifen. When I looked it up earlier, it sounds like since it is medication induced, and the tamoxifen was one of the meds listed, that this is more referred to as flushing, than night sweats. However, it's sweating and it's at night, so...call it what you want! lol

Had a great Thanksgiving. It was interesting to figure out who actually reads my blog! NOT that I expect anyone to!!! But one couple and they know who they are used correct wordage and knew exactly where I was. "So, the genetic testing will tell if you have the bad gene?" And then another couple who wondered when I was going to start teaching again now that I am through with chemo. lol I just thought that was too cute!

Diana is doing well. She went home the following day from the hospital. I like the way Val put it, she got to start her 46th year cancer free. (Her surgery was the day before Thanksgiving and her birthday was Thanksgiving!) All her Christmas shopping has been done. I'm looking forward to getting my going myself!

Worked in my classroom yesterday to get ready for the Winter Season. I have my snowflakes hanging from the ceiling and my snowman put up with flakes around him. I love the room when it is Christmas time. Also, my appraisal will be this week sometime. So, esp looking forward to that coming and going.

The year has gone by so fast. It is hard to believe that everything happened THIS year!! One hurdle left. My Dec. 3 genetic testing. It would be esp wonderful if I didn't have the bad gene. I would love to start the new year (and Christmas) knowing I haven't given the gene to my girls. But God is always good and He loves them more than I, so this is in His hands and not my own.

0 comments: