CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 2, 2007

Great news!! and pooped!

Update on the counselor story: Talked with the counselor and we agreed to let it drop. :) Telling either of the girls to not say something would make them tell everyone! lol I think it'll all just fade away if it isn't already.

The great news? Val, middle sister who had her genetic testing done last month got her results back for the bad gene. Her test was negative!! YEAH!!!

My day. Had a great Friday! We did some fun projects, some writing assignments, and all our testing. Ended the day with bus duty. I walked my line to the cafeteria. We are usually close to the last bus to leave but today we were first! So a few of the kids were in line to leave but classes were still coming down the hall and I was making sure they went to the line quickly instead of our regular place to sit. One girl who I had last year was one of the first to come through and then I lost her. She always goes to the line quickly. Today I couldn't find her. All the kids had left to get on the bus and I was getting ready to watch a different line. And there she was!! I said Are you on 19 today?! Yes. Grabbed her hand and said It's leaving!! They're gone! We ran like the wind through the cafeteria and bus lines forming to get on their own buses. Made it barely to 19 to whack on the door a couple of times before it left completely. And on she went.

Oh gosh! That pooped me out!! Just 30 second worth of running, but it did me in. We have to wait til 3 before we can leave duty and it was 10 til. I made the executive decision to part myself outside the cafeteria and rest a while (the hallway was empty). Massaged my legs and was just thankful my feet carried me where they needed to be so quickly. Was getting ready to head to my room when Mrs. Holder (Asst. Prin.) saw me. She came over quickly and asked it I was OK. Yes! I am. Told her the story. She offers to carry me back to my room or piggyback me! lol I tell her I'm OK, just needed to rest and go get a drink from my fridge. (She is so sweet!)

Make it back to my room. Get a cranapple drink from my fridge, open it and nothing comes out. This has happened before...it's so cold in there, it'll freeze. Oh, shoot! I really wanted my drink! About that time Carla (the nurse) comes in! I say, She is such a tattle-tale!! lol Carla pulls up a chair and I tell her the story too and that I'm about to have a drink, but low and behold, I can't! I show her by tipping the bottle over and out it all comes into my hands and all over my jeans and carpet!! Oh MY GOSH!!! We laughed and were running everywhere trying to get a tissue or toilet paper to get the mess up! I said, It really WAS frozen. Actually, apparently only the very top section froze and it loosened up. And there it was floating around in my drink. Goodness!

Home now, almost 8, and I am looking forward to an early bed. We have to be in Houston at 7 for bloodwork, then chemo at 9. After this week, only ONE more to go!! Praise God!! What a long treatment this has been. This weekly thing has gone by very quickly though. You're barely finished and BOOM, it's time to do it again.

My fingertips are getting more sensitive. I can't use them to scratch and itch. It hurts like the nail will some off. Or to pick up a book from a student's desk. oooooch. BUT, we're almost there!! I am so excited! :)

Oh yeah, I got THE most beautiful present last night from a young lady (a teen, I believe). One of those WillowTree Angels. It is the Courage Angel. It is just beautiful! The angels arms are outreached to Heaven. I keep thinking about it...what the angel is doing symbolically. Maybe arms up in a Victory pose, or I'm lifting you up in prayer, praising God in worship, or This is my last chemo and praise God, you're still with me! I have her in my vanity mirror. Thank you Holly!!! ((hugs))

0 comments: