CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 11, 2007

the post we've ALL been waiting for!!!

YEAH!!! I'm through with chemo!!! I had my last treatment on Sat., Nov. 10, 2007. It was a bad, foggy drive to Houston, but cleared the closer we got to the hospital. I brought my camera with me for the big day and took some pictures. (you can click on the picture and it will give you a better resolution)

In the slideshow you'll see 5 pictures. The first was just outside the Infusion Therapy Unit doorway. (chemo) I'm giving a giant YES!!! I'm through!!! :o) It WAS a great feeling. There was a woman outside on a bench near where we were. She said in the Radiation unit, the ladies can ring a bell signaling their last treatment! Cool!

The second, third, and fourth picture are of me kissing the chemo unit good-bye...one last time. I am very thankful to all the nurses and attendants there. They are all wonderful, kind people. But if I never see them again, that will be GREAT!!! lol

The last picture was taken by the reception table when you first come across the skybridge from the parking garage (10) over to the Main Building (Clark). Behind us is a giant wall of MDA Christmas cards. This was a big day for both of us.

Afterwards, Graland took me to Red Lobster. As I said before that is where we were engaged and so it was fitting that we would begin again there. I am normally very frugal when I eat, but I wanted to eat things we'd never get in Livingston, so.... I picked the item that would feed a small village. I intended on eating enough for lunch and saving the rest for dinner. However, it didn't turn out that way!! I got the ULTIMATE platter!! lol King Crab legs, rock tail lobster, butterfly shrimp, shrimp scampi, baked potato, and a salad, not to forget the garlic & cheese biscuits! I offered to split it with Graland (see...I WAS being frugal!!) but he declined. Yes, I ate the ENTIRE meal. It was SOOO good!!!

I celebrated at home by going to school and getting things ready for Thanksgiving week!! Woo-Hoo!! Do we know how to celebrate or WHAT!!! I wore my pink shirt on Friday as I have been every Friday, esp in Oct (breast cancer awareness month)...and Graland suggested I wear it again on Monday to close that chapter...and start wearing my green again on Fridays.

2 comments:

Jerry said...

Congratulations!

I happened across your blogger profile and saw that you were from Livingston.. WOW we're almost neighbors. My wife and I live outside Woodville. Have you heard of Chester?

Have a great Thanksgiving.. sounds like you have lots to be thankful for.

Jo said...

Hey neighbor..you're just down the road. I had a grandmother who used to live in Chester!

Indeed, I have MUCH to be thankful for this year! You have a good one too!