CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 3, 2007

a could have been rough day that wasn't!

Was up early for the appt and we made it there with time to spare. As I was figuring what time to put on my numbing cream for my port it hit me! I left it at home!!! ARGHHH This was just as we were pulling in to our parking space, so no turning back. We discussed what to attempt. Ask the nurse if she has extra, bum some off someone else, go to the pharmacy... Went in, got the blood draw, then went to chemo VERY early..over an hour early to get their advice.

New girl at the desk. yeah...small letters. her: Ask your nurse when you go in. us:Hmmm...that's over a hour away and you have to put the cream on 45 minutes prior to chemo. Can I go to the pharmacy? her: You need a prescription. So Graland explains what the cream does. him: The 45 minute thing, etc. her: I'll ask your nurse. Be seated. So we wait and she eventually comes back with my patient armband and says I talked with your nurse and she said you all can talk to the nurse when you see her. us: OK. I've done this before.

So, in the meantime, a couple come in. Wife is pushing husband in wheelchair and he is moaning. Broke my heart and I started praying for him and for his wife. God is so good (not that I want bad things for others!!!), but to show you you don't have it so bad. So praying for them and closing my eyes, but really wanting to lean my head over on Graland's shoulder and cry. Wanted to go outside in the hall to cry, or to the bathroom. (But they might call my name early and I'm not missing an early call. Ok, that's cold, but that's the way it is!! :o)

Wife had called husband's doctor and doctor said to come in and page him. her: he needs to go to the EC (I guess that's emergency clinic). wife: no, doctor wanted to be paged.. it went back and forth. Husband still moaning and wife saying he is in extreme pain. her: go to EC. wife: page the doctor.

I get called back for vitals before getting a room. First question was How many times have you fallen in the last 24 hours? None. Wow!! He puts the blood pressure cuff on me and then gets called to go get husband to bring to the back. He comes back and gets my stuff done and puts me in a COLD room. (no, not normally the ice chest we got today) I put on my warmed blanket that they give you each time onto the bed and make my bathroom run before the nurse comes in. Well, wife and husband are at the bathroom. Husband is inside so I talk to wife. I look at her and tell her I've been praying for husband and her...and we talk. She said husband can't go to the bathroom, he needs a suppository...how is he going to get chemo if he is in this much pain?!

So, all I can think is Praise God! It's a potty issue! NOT that I'm putting down potty issues, cause YES they are a pain! But when I looked at him in pain, I just thought oh no...I'm not looking forward to that. :( (to finish story, doctor was called, he said go to the EC).

I go back to my room (after taking care of MY potty issue..just having to go) and nurse is already there. She and Graland have been talking about the port issue. Gives the options, get some now, wait 45, blah, blah. I knew the routine. I get into the bed and said "Let's just do it!" So Graland goes for the breakfast run and she does her duty. Yes, it was a little bite, but NO BIGGIE!!! Wasn't bad at all. Yes, I WILL remember next week anyways so I won't feel it at all, but this wasn't too bad. It was still sensitive to the touch when I showered though. But I'm a big girl and God is bigger than the boogie man.

0 comments: