CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 13, 2007

room with a view

Let me tell you about one other nurse. I think her name was like Florida or something. She was a large woman who always wore white. (the other nurses always had on something colorful on their uniforms) One day after my first surgery I was walking the hall around the nurses pod and she said You know that corner room is open...you need to ask for it before someone moves in. Then she took it upon herself to get me moved. She wasn't even my nurse!! lol Graland had gone for lunch downstairs and Florida had all my things moved and kept telling me, No don't move anything...I got it! Then she walked me down to the new room. It was twice a big as the one I was in. A corner room with a remarkable view. Anyone who came in mentioned that it was the good one! Graland could move the chairs and his "bed" around so I could sit in it with the foot rest during the day and then move it back during the night for him to sleep.

Once my day began, I was out of bed and didn't go back in the bed til nighttime. The nurses always said I'd be tired by the end of the day and were impressed that I got up and walked and sat as much as I did.

0 comments: