CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Chemo-day 1-morning

I start chemo today. Yeah, hurry up so we can get this 6 months behind us! It is supposed to take about 2 hours to get, though we are to allow for 3 hours as they do not mix the treatment until you get there as each one is apparently thousands of dollars! Speaking of...BCBS has been awesome!! We thought they had kicked in fully, but obviously not completely as we have been getting several bills that we'll have to talk to MD about.

I'm as prepared as I can get, I think! I have 'new hair' on its way. If one person says I like that wig, I think I will scream!! What good is a GOOD wig is people KNOW it's a wig, kwim? Of course, people who know me will know it, but it will much easier if I hear that they like my new 'do' or the color or something that just refers to HAIR not a wig. OF course, I'll rub in the fact that I don't have to shave my legs to my sisters...since they know I'm the worst of us about shaving!! lol

Speaking of my sisters, we had a great time on Sunday for Zach and Chris' graduation party! Chris had a very nice graduation at the Montagne Center in Beaumont. All of the family was there and it always nice when we're all together. Saw Val's empty lot that will soon be her home.

Will get blood work, see Kronowitz for a follow up appt (plastic surgery), then Green (chemo doc), then sometimes afterwards will get the chemo. It will today, then wait 28 days, get a new round. They call that once every 3 weeks, but it appears to be on the 4th week to me. I guess we're saying the same thing, but it just sounds like there is a week off there somehow.

ps...happy birthday to Granny! My best friend in the world. ok stop thinking about Granny, you'll mess up your makeup. :(

0 comments: