CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Did someone say CUM LAUDE??

It is graduation day. Oh gosh, did I just say that?! It snuck up on me. Only took it 18 years, but here it is. Zach looks very handsome in his khaki slack and dress white shirt. I get a few pictures before graduation as it looks like it will pour at any minute! The graduation is a 7pm and he needs to be at the high school at 4pm as all the seniors take a bus to Lufkin for the ceremony.

We leave at that time and go to Lufkin as Mrs. Butler tells us to get there very early to get a seat (a pew!). So, we are there VERY early and get a pew that is very near the front. A perfect spot for pictures. As we sit there and sit there and sit there, I finally take the bulletin from Graland and start flipping through. Imagine my surprise when I notice that Zach has a little plus sign next to his name. I read the key for this and it says Graduating Cum Laude!!! AAACCCKKKKK I had NO IDEA!!!! And neither did he!! I tell Graland, I think this means he gets to wear the ropes/cords/whatever they are called!! I am SOOOO PROUD OF HIM!!! I could bust!

Zach says when they were in the back getting ready, that a lady was calling out names for those to come get a cord. One of the students went to Zach and said, Hey, you need to get a cord. Zach says, "Cool!"

We are seated in such a position that when they enter in from the back of the auditorium, Zach will pass right by where I sit. I can see him searching the room for us, but he comes down the aisle and of course, there we are! He has such a big smile on his face...as we do! I yell, You have cords!! And he is just beaming.

Cynthia, Diana and all her family, and Val make it to the graduation. Daddy and Sue I know can't drive at night!! And since it was also raining, I'm glad they stayed in. But thankfully we'll see them on Sunday! Thank y'all all our family sooo much for being here for Zach!! It means so much to us!

We end the graduation day by picking up some pizza's (Graland says I'm too pooped to end with dinner at a restaurant, and yes, he is sooo right about that!) and bringing them back to the house with Val and Cynthia. Diana's family is still school-ing for another week and go back home! But is was so good to see them!! They stay until 11 or so and we have a fabulous visit. Val shows us her floor plans and she is going to have a beautiful home by Christmas!!

But, back to Zach since this is his post!! I love you Zach. You are going to do awesome at college. God has just blessed you and the things you do. Keep Him in your heart and you'll never go wrong. We love you! xxxooo

1 comments:

Apartment for Peggy said...

Way to go, Zach!!!

Love
Aunt Peggy & Uncle Steve