CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Chemo Day 1 - the hospital

We left here about 8a, for our 10:15 bloodwork, then 10:30 appt. with Dr. Kronowitz. We saw Jennifer, the PA instead, who I just adore! She said everything looked great, snipped a few stitches that were still hanging in for the long ride, and wrote out a prescription for Physical Therapy for the left arm!! I will probably call Bea Ellis this morning, I hear she is tough, but I need to get this thing moving! :)

Then saw Dr. Green at 130. She had me sign consent forms to get ready for the chemo and prescriptions for about 5 or 6 meds to help me out. antinausea (which put us in the poor house :( we weren't expecting that one!), another type of nausea one, one for mouth ulcers/stomach/intestinal ulcers, a numbing cream for when they access my port for chemo-which I will say I didn't use yesterday-was kinda convinced to not use it, and wish I had cause it HURT!!!, one to help diarrhea, one for constipation! I'm glad that we are prepared, BUT at this point BCBS is really kicking in for us, not so much on presrciptions though. She told us our bill for it..over 700!!! And we had JUST been to the financial office to get another hospital bill over that size to be broken down over 6 months to make it more doable. It was not a happy moment. Almost at the point where I thought "I had just as soon just vomit than pay 550 for this antinausea medicine." The others were ok, all under 30 or so. AND here is the SHOCKER!!! BCBS had paid in HALF for that one prescription!!! I have to come to the point where I have to actually ask for help and this hurts. I am going to put a paypal button on the side of the screen. You can use your paypal account, or if you don't have one, you can use your VISA just like it. Any teeny tiny amount will awesome. I can only promise it will go straight to meds. (hangs head)



So when the lady accessed my port and asked if it hurt, I said Not as much as what my anti-nausea pills hurt!!!

I wasn't able to get my appt in the Mays building but over in the Main building at 600. It was very nice. They are all private rooms with a bed, and tv. They first start the IV with relaxation meds and anti-nausea meds to get you through it. Graland has been studying/practicing meditation. So as I practiced it in the waiting room I told him I had lots of it down, but what exactly was the positive comments I was to be giving myself. He said, that the chemo is your friend, you need it, you want it, it is good for you, and will get you better. So I practiced and while thinking about it came across the story of the wheat and the tares. The Lord says he will gather in the wheat and tares (the saved and the unsaved) in the end and separate them. My chemo will do the same thing, it will gather in all of what is there and separate my good wheat from my tares. Then I got to where I call the chemo "the girls". The girls are all here and they're taking care of me. The good girls will get to stay and bad ones will have to leave. The girls will go through my body and party all they can, bringing in new girls to help out the situation. OK, I know this is SO lame, but it popped into my head and seemed the most natural thing. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!! lol

So we watch HGTV while we wait. The waiter guy comes in to take my order (patients get their dinner "free".) So I get fruit and drinks. She starts my FAC - one at a time. You have to eat ice chips for the F, the A makes you urinate reddish/orange (yes, I did check to verify that one!), and the C is just a good closer.

We got out of the Main Building about 10:00pm and home around 11:30 or so. It was a very long day, and I brushed/hit the recliner the moment I got home.

0 comments: