CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 12, 2007

hospital/relay for life part 2

Now, keep in mind this is a FIVE day stay for this surgery. Kronowitz is concerned about swelling in the breast..could be blood buildup which would need surgery to relieve. I call Donna at school and ask for all of them to being praying for that specifically. Donna, Sherry, and Tomika visit me that Sunday..I look a wreck!! It's been at least 5 days since I've been able to wash my hair!!! I am sooo gross!! But they are so sweet and tell me how good I look sitting in the chair. I tell them just don't tell me anything funny cause it hurts to laugh BAD!!! So here goes Tomika with her milk spurting from the nose jokes!! lol We have such a nice visit and it was soooo good to see them again.

One special thing they brought was PICTURES!!! They had just done the Kids Relay for Life from school and the community Relay for Life. The Kids one from school (haven't seen pictures yet) Abbie is one of the kids holding the banner and my class gets to lead it! (hugs) They still don't know WHY! It surely doesn't even occur to them that they are first! lol OR WHY Abbie is there with them! But I understand it was a beautiful Kids walk! I LOVE MY SCHOOL!!!!!

Then Friday night was the community's Relay. My kids (not school) made a banner for me that said "We are walking for Mama." They took my place where I should have been walking for the survivors lap.

Pine Ridge also walked for me!!! I can't believe it!! They had a banner that said "Walking for One of Our Own" That is so precious! I did see pictures from this walk and they are so touching. When I visited with my kids at school this week, Allison said she saw my kids at the Relay with a banner that they were walking for me. I'm not sure if she figured out why or not. She's a doll.

Unfortunately, the swelling didn't go down and Kronowitz ordered an ultrasound Monday morning. Then off to surgery to take out a hematoma (collection of blood). The arteries from the surgery were mismatched which doesn't happen often. My artery in my tummy and the artery it was hooking up to in the breast were different sizes so they had to do ultra-micro-surgery on it to begin with. Whether the blood was from those arteries or from other capillaries in the breast, I don't know. But we did a second surgery to get it fixed.

So this added another five days to my hospital stay. Again, they checked the "flap" every hour. Now the "flap" isn't a flap per se. It is just a round piece of skin that was taken from the tummy. They also took tissue from the tummy to fill the breast. So in this original surgery I got a tummy tuck. Imagine drawing a line around Antarctica but on Barbie's breast...well, that's about what it looks like! The stitches will eventually fade and the skin is remarkably the same color so it will all be as one breast without the line.

Thankfully, I didn't have any complications following this surgery, just recuperation.

1 comments:

testglobaltraffic said...

may god give you power to overcome your problem