CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 7, 2007

tickled pink!

Well Val (my sister) told me she had a surprise for me at the family reunion in Lufkin and boy did she!! I walked into the hotel lobby and she and my cousins all had on pink t-shirts with "In the pink for Tink!" written on it. They were so great and of course another pick me up!! :) Aunt Glenda's nickname for me was TinkerBell, so you can imagine the TinkerBell things I have collected along the way! Val came up with the saying and as it was discussed how to arrange it on the shirt, Diana (my other sister) said How about dropping the ribbon over a little to make it be the P in pink! It is an original / awesome design!!! They had one made for all of the Cox family which is Diana's family (4), Val's family (2), MY family(6), Liz, Glenn, Richard, Molly, Kate, Jenny, Cynthia, and Dan.

We wore our shirts to the reunion and we didn't realize that not everyone knew of Aunt Glenda's nicknames and one person asked Who's Tink! I said: I AM!! Kaye has been sending out emails frequently for this reunion... I wrote her that I was going to be having surgery and she has made sure that everyone got my email, so everyone knew and it was so nice that they all assured me that they had been praying for me! I have an awesome family!! And it was wonderful to see everyone again!!! We used to see everyone every summer at Boliver and it has just been too long since Boliver!! I especially missed Diana not being there, but of the cousins I hung out with.. I dearly missed seeing John. (((hugs to John))) I think the last time was at his wedding... and at that time my oldest were toddlers.

It is now the day before Easter and everyone is freezing!! It is sleeting off and on and in the 30s!!!

I'll go ahead and let you know the rest of the nicknames:
Jo-Tinkerbell, Diana-HoneyBunny, Val-Tootsie Wootsie, Kathy-Sweetie Niece, Zach-Silver Spoon, Zoe-Sassy, Kaci-Sweet Spirit, Abbie-Snuggles, Chris-Rooter Tooter, Kate-Sugar Dumpling, Jenny-Angel Bright, Richard-Sonny Boy, Doug-Doodle Bug, Megan-Mermaid, Nick-Neptune...

Ahhh...I knew someone would fill me in!! So I'm adding the ones I didn't know to the list above!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny was Angel Bright
Zach was Silver Spoon
Chris was Rooter Tooter (I think)
I'll have to give the rest some thought...hmmm...more later on that one.

Anonymous said...

Okay I've thought of some more nicknames with the help of Megan...Zoe was Sassy, Kaci was Sweet Spirit, Abbie was Snuggles, Kathy was Sweetie Niece (the nickname that started the whole naming process!) and sorry to say I've drawn blanks for Kate and Richard, which would complete the names of nieces and nephews.

Anonymous said...

Okay...Kate is Sugar Dumpling, but I still can't come up with Richard's name.