CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Pre-Op & Ready for Reconsctructive Surgery!

Happy early birthday Graland!!! Much love to you and thank you for being my best friend, my only love, and God's perfect match for me. I know everything will go just fine for your birthday and look forward to seeing you tomorrow afternoon after surgery.

Went in this morning for pre-op stuff. Saw Dr. Kronowitz first. Got to sign the consent forms and they went over what would be going on tomorrow. Got 'marked up' again with this surgery's game plan. Took pictures for study. Then downstairs to anesthesiology. He did say the reason for a five day hospital stay if the risk of clots. When they do the surgery, he'll use microscopic surgery to remove a vein from the abdomen and replace it up near the clavicle/collarbone...up there!! They monitor it heavily...coming in EVERY hour to listen to it to make sure it sounds good and healthy (for the whole 5 days!). If at any time it doesn't sound right they'll take me back to surgery immediately. BUT, I see no reason for my nice healthy arteries to give me any problems...they've always been so good to me. :)

Made all the plans for tomorrow...discussed medicines, don't eat after midnight, have a light meal for dinner, etc. But the GOOD NEWS is surgery is FIRST thing!!! 8:30am!! woohoo...by the time the kids get home from school at 330 I should be about out of surgery!! They figure about 7 hours. So if you stop to sneeze or have a moment of quiet...sneak in a prayer for me! They saw that the scopolomine patch worked so well for PONV that I'll get it again this time (post operative nausea & vomiting -- from anesthesia and post op meds)

I got an EKG done...Donna will understand when I say it was NOT like the last one I had (ahem, blushing). But strangely, it was sitting in a chair! But it came out fine. They sent me downstairs for bloodwork, so did that and we were off for lunch.

Stopped at Luby's at Deerbrook hoping to see Graland's brother Pat, who is a manager there, but he wasn't working today. But, we did have a wonderful meal that I wish I could have eaten more of. Was feeling a little lightheaded and sleepy, so didn't eat as much as I usually do.

Slept on the way home. Graland is out now getting my prescriptions and some snacks for the week at the hospital.

Big news: Kaci's GT project is finished!!! It couldn't have come at a better time. She had all the bibliography stuff finished, so it was just a matter of putting it on the display board. So I printed out pictures of earthquakes and tsunami's to add to the display. We put them on a black background and it worked up beautifully. She'll get to present this to judges this week and explain what all she learned for a Texas history project Mrs. Holder's class has been working on for quite some time. She has enjoyed every minute of research...she soaks it in like a sponge.

I can't begin to tell you how good my sleep has been!!! I actually SLEEP and it doesn't hurt to do it.

Looking forward to updating in about a weeks' time.

0 comments: