CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Relay for Life



Relay for Life is this Friday (April 27th-28th) I had REALLY wanted to be there, but as I'll be in the hospital for 5 days, it appears that I will miss it. Donna had a wonderful idea of taking the kids for me and letting them walk my lap for me. What an honor!

Have you heard??!!! Donna called last night to read me an article about Relay for Life (Polk County). We have always been THRILLED for our county to be able to raise $30,000. for Relay, but this year, with a week still left to go, we've raise over $184,000.!!!!!

Can I say how proud I am of Polk County and the community of friends that live here? I got goosebumps all over when she read that to me. Cindy McClendon had come by while I was on the phone and when I related this to her and Graland, they did the same thing: running their hands over their arm saying, Oh gosh...that gave me goosebumps!

This has been an incredible year...with an incredible loss. Livingston's very dear friend Cherie Wheeland, whose loss for us was definitely Heaven's gain.