CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 7, 2007

A slight glimpse of God

This is sooo cool!!!

It is the morning of the MRI and not real excited about it, but not going to worry about it as we have a full agenda when we get there. We take a drain class, send in paperwork to the social worker for extended leave of absence from school, and some other things. Then head over to the MRI.

The MRI machine wasn't as scary looking as I had expected, but I am completely inside the tube. Graland said he wondered if I could see outside the tube as I was so close to the end, but I couldn't at all.

The test lasted about 40 minutes and yes it is VERY loud. They gave me earplugs, but I could still here the guy talking and the conversation he and Graland were having.

They make you real comfy on the table, towels under your knees and they also strap down your feet so they don't move. I cross my arms across my chest so they are out of the way and they have the magnetic thing (sorry can't come up with a word for it!!) across my pelvis where they are doing the testing. I DO stay very still for the entire test.

OK..now the neat stuff! I am laying/lying (??) in the tube and they have an air conditioner in there to keep you cool. It feels so good, just a light breeze on your face and not at all cold or unpleasant. As I am there I close my eyes and just pray the entire time. It came on me that the breeze I felt was the Holy Spirit coming upon me like a mighty rushing wind as described in the Bible. I talked with God at length about this. How I could feel his presence and Him holding me and comforting me like He said the Comforter would do. I thanked Him again and again for sending me the Comforter and for taking such good care of me. It was one of His promises and another of His promises that was kept!

After I got home I talked with Donna. Before I ever shared what I just wrote to her she said that they prayed for me this morning. "They" being Donna, Angela, and Janie. Angela is our LIFT Bible Study teacher (and the pastors wife -at 1st Baptist) and Janie another LIFT sister and 3rd grade teacher at Pine Ridge. OK, back to the prayer.... Donna said they prayed for me this morning after they ran. Angela said to pray for the Lord to comfort me and hold me. Donna said, No, more than that...I want Him to actually physically hold her. I want to her to actually FEEL Him holding her. And they prayed.

So after she tells me this, I say: You are NOT going to believe what I prayed and what I felt while I was at the MRI!!! And relayed to her the experience. That was sooo awesome. Our God is so big and He hears our prayers!!!

And then, if that were not enough!!! Janie sent around a sign up for Prayer at school, for a 24 hour prayer for Monday. I tell Donna when I am supposed to be there for surgery and she says Well guess who got the 815 slot??!! She did!!! And Sherry (my other prayer partner), LIFT sister, 2nd grade at PRE- got the slot just before that. And I KNOWWWWWWW Sherry!!! I'll be doing just fine getting ready for the 8:15!!

0 comments: