CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 21, 2007

and now a word from our sponsor....

I heard the most amazing interpretation of scripture from the LIFT retreat...from Numbers of all places!! Numbers 13

Short version: The children of Israel have been PROMISED the Promised Land. The Lord tells them to send out a member of each tribe to go out and spy the new land. God's promise BEFOREHAND was 'you'll go and look and the land will be yours'. However, they went and looked and came back crying, grumbling, and questioning God's intent. They wanted to head back to Egypt.

Lesson learned: They only looked at the problems and obstacles, instead of trusting...so they had fear.

I guess I haven't felt praiseworthy lately and I SHOULD!!! I sit and look in the mirror when Graland changes my dressings. I have the option of seeing the stitches and scars (my problems and obstacles) OR seeing them as I told it to Kaci today when she asked if they "cut it all off"! It was a resounding YES!!! They cut out all the cancer and on Papa's birthday they'll make it nice and pretty again! :)

Since they "filled me up" at my last visit, I have ached and had a hard time sleeping...can feel the drain tubes on the inside and since I am off the Vicoden my nerve endings are doing their job and I can just plain feel more! But THAT is putting my mind on problems and obstacles and I gotta stop that business!!!

Onto what is so huge... the prayers, food from school, church, and now neighbors, Admin being so kind, and angels who flutter about seeing to lift those in need. I am being blessed beyond limits. I stand on the claim of the Promised Land : healing! It was promised and I am grabbing hold.

0 comments: