CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

Almost a year...

Wed., Jan 30 marks the one year anniversary of my breast cancer diagnosis. It has been quite the year. One of so many blessings. Yes, it was rough, but God showered me with blessings that I would have either never had or maybe just never noticed. He has revealed the most remarkable promises through His Word. And given me friendships and prayer warriors that I did not know were possible.

--------------

I haven't gotten my test results back from MD about the bad gene possibility, but will hear more about it during my Feb 7 meeting.
----------------
Speaking of meetings!!! We had our faculty meeting today after school. During the positive comments time, several people voiced their thoughts. Thankfulness for aids, for Carla (our nurse), and for other things. I noticed that Heather was wearing a Believe shirt, so I said, Oh I have one and stood for my comment. I said, "I want to thank administration for letting us wear our Believe shirts on Fridays...it means a lot to me!" I sat down and all the second grade teachers are just looking at me with huge grins on their faces and laughing..."We're NOT!" I know I must have turned all shades of red and was like WHAT?!! So after another couple of people went, I stood back up, "SORRY! I THOUGHT WE COULD!" And sat back down! I was SO embarrassed.

The meeting ended and most went home. I went to my computer to email Dr. Sewell an apology and let her know how embarrassed I was at my error!! But it upset me SO MUCH! I got to thinking that it almost sounded like I was "downing" them for NOT letting us wear them. I just started crying and felt like such a heel. I talked with Donna and Heather afterwards and they were "What's wrong?!" They assured me admin wouldn't have taken it like that! That is was just so funny (which is WAS!!!). They were still laughing. "You were just so innocent when you said it! Like oopsie!" Dr. Sewell DID email me back with a lovely note which assured me that that everything was fine...and that she musta gotten a kick out of it too! lol I LOVE my school!!
---

Did I mention I got a new car?! A Nissan Sentra. We traded in Graland's Bronco for it. It is very snappy and the girls love it. Sad to say, but the BIG thing for the girls about the car was that it had electric windows!! lol

0 comments: