CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

biopsy results

Our early day began with blood work and chest x-ray. With that done, we headed to the UltraSound floor for u/s on my thyroid. I have two nodes on either side of my thyroid. They prepped me for a fine needle biopsy, beginning with Lidocaine to numb the area. The Lidocaine is a small stick then a burn, then a big burn. OH, it burned! Then the needle goes in, some pressure, then I guess it gets swirled around?? At least that is what it sounded/felt like. After the first biopsy I had tears in my eyes. Then second one wasn't so bad as far as the Lidocaine part (which really was the "bad" part...not the actual biopsy). But the needle passed by tissue that was inflammed and it was very sensitive. By now, more tears, but not crying. I lifted the towel to dry my eyes and they realized I had tears. They asked if it hurt and I said No, just uncomfortable.

I had gone there with no anxiety or worries. Excited to get it behind me. In fact, as I was waiting in the room, I thought about MD and how there were no crying people there! For such a large hospital and every affected by cancer there, yet no crying. The doctors and nurses are so wonderful, put you at ease, and are very uplifting.

So here I am crying! My nurse came back in and put her arm around me and said "You don't have your results yet, you don't need to cry...it didn't look bad." As I waited I prayed and thanked my Father once again for His peace and calm. For being with me. And just as in my VERY first biopsy in Kingwood, I thought of the suffering Christ went through..and that what I was feeling...He had been through first for me. So I was thankful.

So my tears I suppose were of relief, thanksgiving, and just a weight maybe that I didn't realize was there. The doctor sent my biopsy off to pathology and they had her come back and do one of them again. ( one is about 2 cm and the other 3.5cm) The one came back clear, benign. The other they needed more tests as it had blood in it and it wasn't clear enough. So another biopsy. She put the needle on my neck and asked if it was sharp. Yes. Here? yes. Here? yes. So, we did the Lidocaine again, then the biopsy. This one was much gentler. The results of this second node came back benign as well. Praise God! There was a screen there for me to watch the procedure, but I wasn't interested and had no desire to watch, so closed my eyes instead.

Then off to the Infusion Therapy Treatment Pre-Procedure Assessment. She asked a lot of questions and said we were on for tomorrow. While she was going through my papers, I saw a xerox of my chest xray. It was so cool!! yet, creepy!! Here was my ribcage and all, and there was the port up near the shoulderblade..a larger than I had imagined port with a long tail behind it that hung down to about mid chest. I'll get the port removed tomorrow at 9, then will talk to SOMEONE???!!! I don't know WHO this person is or WHY I am seeing them! lol Guess I'll find out tomorrow!

oh, btw, they told me no lifting, no anything for the rest of the day, so I skipped out on therapy! Will see you guys next week!! :) Merry Christmas!

0 comments: