CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Relay for Life Project

I came up with a Relay for Life project that I could actually do on my own. I'm sewing photo pillows. A pillow with a frame on the front where you can insert a picture. They are turning out really pretty and I'm so excited about them.

I began last Saturday with this idea. I went to the Dollar General to get a pillow form as WalMart's were a little high (4.77). After a while the girl at the DG asked if I needed help...then directed me to the pillows. They didn't have a price tag on them so I asked and she said they were 5-6 dollars. So I laughed and put it back. I told her I was working on a Relay for Life project and was looking for something less expensive. She immediately says OH, it's for Relay? I'll donate it. I about cried! We took it to the checkout where she had brought some of her personal money (not the stores). She rang it up and it was $8. She was so happy to donate it!! I told her I'd be back with the final project.

Went to WalMart and gave them a letter I had typed up for donations and was given a $20 gift card..so that helped some too! :)

I showed the pillows at our faculty meeting and got 11 orders. :) I've been going back to WalMart again and again getting more supplies....Zach's bed is full of pillows right now!

At this writing, I have made my PRE goal of $100. and am working towards my Survivor goal of $500. I am hoping to exceed it...and I know I will because I serve a very big God.

In the meanwhile, I will go to different businesses in town to ask for donations to cover the cost of the supplies. Each pillow costs about $7. to make...$5 of that being the pillow form and I absolutely will NOT sell these without the pillow inside. Anyone wishing to donate towards supplies??? I have a PayPal button over on the right. :)

0 comments: