CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Should have been doing more.



Relay for Life is coming up in May and it has occurred to me that I should have been doing more this year for Relay. I was just sent an email from our school's team to start donations and sent it out last night. I also signed up for the Survivor's Lap. I'm looking forward to being there this year, esp. since I had to miss it last year. It's hard to believe a year has gone by and I am at the place I am now. Anyone is welcome to click on the badge to make a donation to Relay. The badge takes you to my page.

One thing that has been a boost for me is running every day. I can't believe I just said that!! lol I have NEVER been a runner...couldn't run down the hallway without getting winded. But I run with either my class on our PE days or another teacher's class when it is their day. I've unofficially made the 15 minute club, but you need to officially make each mark. 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, then 12, and 15 minutes. I have promised the kids a pizza party if the ENTIRE class can make it. I do think we have a chance. And I hold the hand of anyone who looks like they are tiring.

The other thing that has been a boost is playing the piano again. Graland lugs this piano around from house to house and it gathers dust. I have always wanted to play praise music and learn how to do chords. Always...well, at least for the past 10 years I've wanted it, but just didn't know how. Well, I looked up on YouTube some tutorials and found a guy that does a good instruction. I've printed out a good handful of current praise songs and have been practicing every day. I told Graland that it was kind of funny...I look forward to the end of the school day to come home to practice and then I have to leave the piano grudgingly to go eat dinner. I have Graland's laptop sitting on the piano...so I have the music video of whatever song I'm playing to get the rhythm and full band effect. I have a long way to go, but it's been good for my heart. Abbie sings with me and she is a doll.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo proud of you getting into running! As I used to watch other runners, I didn't think it was something I would personally ever be able to do. Now I absolutely love it. I think I actually love the relational part of it and simply enjoy the running part. (God is so amazing to know the desires of our heart, and when they line up with His plans for us, He more than graciously blesses us with them.) You go girl. What an inspiration you are to everyone! You rock!