CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 11, 2008

7 minute club

OK..each year the students have to do the 15 Minute Club. It is an above and beyond the 4 minutes that they are REQUIRED to do. And if you make the 15 min. club, you get a t-shirt and recognition. It takes many weeks to prepare the kids to make that run...beginning with getting them to run for 4 minutes, then 5, etc. Last week we began the club. 6 Minute Club. I usually run here and there with them to encourage them from dropping out. I have NO endurance at all!! I made the SIX Minute Club last week and it about killed me!! After 3 minutes I passed the coaches and said there was NO WAY I was going to make it! But I felt so bad that I was going to be the first one out, that I kept going.

So over the weekend I went to the part and ran. Half mile jog and half mile walk. I can jog maybe 2 minutes and that's it! I talked later with Donna and she said that I needed to do a baby step jog while I work up the endurance. It is very slow BUT I don't get out of breath...because once you do that, you can't recover from it. So today for the 7 minute club, I did the baby step jog and I MADE IT!!! (I also requested High School Musical music for our run!) I was so proud! I was going back to my room afterwards and ran into Donna. Well, she had a meeting to go to and wouldn't be able to run with HER kids (right after mine) and asked if I'd go in there and root them on to keep them going. So I ran ANOTHER 7 minutes...i did do a couple of slow walks and looks arounds, but I couldn't believe that I was able to do more so soon after. Getting ready I guess for the 8 minute club! :) It was funny...last week at the lunch table they were talking about Heather's husband running 20 miles (OK..he "only" did 15) and I interrupted with, Yeah? Well, I did the SIX Minute Club!!! Yes...I DID feel it was comparable!! :) I can't run down the hallway without pooping myself out...so this was a huge accomplishment! :) yeah, me!

0 comments: