CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

covenant bracelet

I've been reading Believing God by Beth Moore...awesome book!! It talks about a shield of faith encompassing 5 beliefs: 1 God is who He says He is, 2 God can do what He says He can do, 3 I am who God made me, 4 I can do all things through Christ, 5 God's Word is alive and active in me. There was also a part about finding a weak part of your life and giving it to God and making a covenant with Him. It is funny...Donna has been reading the same book and called and said I need an accountability partner...and when she told me what hers was...I said "I want that too...count me in!" The weakness was self-control in the area of sweets. Now, this started the weekend before Easter (March 16) so it came at a perfect time. I had already eaten everything there was to eat since Christmas and Valentines and I knew how bad I was in the candy department. Buying whatever candy bar was there when I checked out of WalMart and whatever I had for rewards in my classroom. Part of the book suggested wearing a covenant bracelet to remind you of your promise to God. So Donna made some bracelets and we've worn them since that day, never taking them off. At the end of the covenant you make the bracelet into a bookmark. You set a date for however long you want your covenant to last..and we chose 3 months. Have I done it? YES! Well, I can't get the credit...it all goes to God. It has been amazing that I have not wanted or desired anything sweet. I can go through the checkout and not buy anything. I can have chocolate bars in my classroom and they remain there UNeaten! It HAS to be God as I have NO will-power. My covenant will end of my birthday: May 31. I'll be able to have birthday cake to celebrate. I have not had any cake, cookie, candy, pie, etc for this time.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jo,

I saw Beth Moore a few years ago and that was her topic for the weekend. Neat lady and she's sooo right on. She's amazing and boy is she a perky lady LOL!

Paige