CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

hair tragedy

I may have told you I wasn't happy with my hair. Well, I had a meeting at church on Sunday that lasted til about 2. Afterwards I went by WalMart to get a cut and highlights. Their sign up sheet said No Chemicals, so I knew I wasn't getting highlights! But, still wanted the cut. Good thing I REALLY wanted it, the wait was over an hour. Only two stylists back there.

So, while I'm sitting there a little girl, not sure if I knew her or not from school or where, but, we got to talking. She showed me the picture from her hair book for her hairdo. It was Jamie Lee Curtis' picture!! I told her I had THAT picture on my board at school!!! And that it was the one that I was coming back for today!

OK...so it's finally my turn and I go back and tell her what I want done. I know I can't get color, but here is the style. Longer on top so I can do the front section that lays down and to the side, and poofy in the back and short on sides over the ears. She reiterated the whole thing and knew exactly what I wanted. She gets to cutting and I'm thinking UM...WHAT are you doing?! The top..the part I wanted to be longer was CUT!! I didn't say anything...I mean once you have a cut there's no going back! lol

As I was talking with her I told her that I had wanted to have gotten highlights. That my hair had come back white/gray after chemo, that I colored it BROWN but it came out RED..that I highlighted it BLOND, but it came out LIGHT RED!! lol She laughed then turned to the lady at the counter...We're going to go ahead and do a quick cap on her...She's had chemo and some hair tragedy lately and we need to get it taken care of! Oh my gosh!! I couldn't believe it!

So while she is off mixing the color I flick my fingers through the hair..as she has it all combed to the front (no style-about to color it). So I make it go to the side and across the head like normal. I thought OH MY GOSH!!! I love it!! Dang, they know SO much more than I do! It was styled and shaped perfectly.

She does the highlights on top and it turned out really pretty!!! I went home..ALMOST went by Donna's first, but thought...show your family first!! I go in and Graland's mouth about drops! I ask Is it OK?! He says YES!!! I love it!! It's you again! I told him I almost went by Donna's cause it's NEVER going to look like this again!! lol He says Get in the car and go over!!

So, I am feeling good about myself. I learn more and more to keep my mouth shut. God has such bigger plans than I do. He wants so much more for me..and for most I would think...but we want to have it our own way and we just mess things up.

0 comments: