CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 9, 2008

music

I had such a good night the other night! I sewed a few pillows that needed to go out, I practiced the guitar (Lisa is giving lessons after Youth), AND I practiced my piano! It was such a good feeling. Once I started sewing pillows the piano got dropped completely.. I had NO time at all to do it which was a let down for me.

I put Graland's laptop on the piano and bring up some videos I downloaded from YouTube. I've downloaded the chords from several Christian songs and am able to play along with the band. It is the neatest feeling. No, not ready to go on tour or anything!! BUT, I am getting better...having never learned how to do chords until recently.

Now, the most AWESOME thing that happened was that Kaci came in while I was playing. I asked if she wanted to play along with me and she said yes. So she pencils in the keys on the piano an octave above what I am playing. I show her the D..C..G...etc on the music and she plays it one fingered. After she gets it down, I show her the actual chords (which repeat themselves). And she was able to play through the song. I was SO proud of her! Now, if we could only get the piano TUNED!! lol We are waiting for someone to come, but he has his own schedule...

Speaking of tuned...I can't wait to figure out how to tune the guitar...I'm sure my strumming will sound less "cat screech-y" once it is tuned! lol This week we have to be able to lead from a D to a G and back. It is very uncomfortable and clumsy, but I'm getting better at it. I'm sure the family is looking forward to me adding another note to my 2-note repertoire. :)

0 comments: