CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 9, 2008

made my goals

I've sold about 43 pillows so far!! It has tapered off a bit now which is fine...it consumed a week that I was sewing as soon as I got home until I went to bed. I've made about $860., have gotten several donations to cover part of the supplies. The only thing is that WalMart keeps running out of what I need and it's too expensive to run to the next Walmart 20 miles away. So, I wait for them to re-stock. In the meanwhile, the ribbon that they've been out of for a while now should be coming in the mail tomorrow!! It is ribbon for my pet pillows. I've had people waiting over a week now for these pillows, so I'm thrilled that it is finally coming in.

The other thing I've thought about doing/sewing is pillowcase dresses. I made one for Abbie out of a camouflage fabric (so Polk County!) and it turned out SO cute!! She can wear a brown long sleeve shirt under it. This would be a fun project, but it takes so many different sizes that I'm not quite sure how I'd go about it efficiently. Take fabric to show? But then...not just a lot of teachers with little girls...which is why I went with the pillow idea in the first place.

We interviewed a second candidate for Youth Pastor today. Honestly, either one will be delightful. They both showed a genuine love for making disciples of Christ and both appear to have a heart for youth. I think that God is opening doors that need to be opened in this situation. I pray the youth can see how He is working once everything is completed.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! The pillows have been such a success for your Relay funds. Tish loved hers. I do have to admit my grandsons made them look REAL GOOD! (But I'm not prejudice or anything.)