CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Meeting the surgeon

It's Thursday, so PRE is wearing their We Believe shirts for me!! smile.gif I took off the day and have a sub, but went in early to make sure everything was ready to go. I also wore my shirt.

We took off pretty early so we'd beat the traffic in Houston. My appt was at 12:30 and we got there around 10:15 or so, pretty early. We went up to the 2nd floor where you check in and went out to the outdoor patio and just stayed there for about an hour..it was cool out and felt wonderful. When it got close to lunch we went inside to the MDAnderson cafeteria where we had a scrumptous chicken fried steak with gravy and a water. I have to say this is better than Luby's! We ate in no hurry, then went up to the 5th floor which is the Nellie B. Connoly floor (breast cancer).

It is now about 12:00, so we are nice and early, get checked in and wait. While we're waiting I look around the waiting room, there are puzzles, books, magazines, some Pink Ribbon Volunteers (they've had BC before and can talk to you about it), a coffee bar if you'd like...among other things.

So I went over to this giant wall-hanging of a pink ribbon quilt that a group had made for one of their ladies. It is sooo pretty! Beneath it is a basket full of heart pillows. There is a little plaque inside that says they were made from the Girl Scouts in LIVINGSTON!!! My town!! smile.gif Beside that is a book of information, but on the front of the book is a picture of some girl scouts and one of them is Ciara...from MY CLASS this year!!! I was so excited and ran the book over to Graland to see her!! Then, of course, I had to share that with one of the Pink Ribbon volunteers!! smile.gif We haven't told the kids at school I am sick yet, so I wasn't able to tell Ciara. Can't wait until I can tell her! She'll be so proud!

Well, finally am able to go back in the exam room...took my weight (120) and height (5'6), and blood pressure (always low!). Then off to the room where we wait and wait and wait in a little open to the front gown. Finally get off the table and rest over with Graland and take a couple of snoozes.

fast forwarding... cancer in lymph node is 2 cm...that is new to me. Kingwood saw 5 tumors and MD found 3

I'm too small chested for a breast sparing surgery, so will get skin sparing
Waiting for plastic surgeon to call to set up appointment there to move forward.

This is just bits and pieces, it will be filled in very soon! smile.gif

0 comments: