CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Got a haircut.

I read to get your hair cut before any chemo, so that it isn't a big shock if your hair falls out, so today I got my hair cut!! SHORT! It looks great and I love it...and the girls love it, so I feel real good!

I went to WalMart to get it done and had a girl that I've had before. She was surprised that I was going to go short, but I told her about chemo and she caught right on. I showed her a couple of styles, one was VERY short that I just didn't have the guts to do, but it was gorgeous. The other was a short bob with a flip at the bottom of it...she did that one and was excited as she did it.

Oh wait!! while I'm getting my hair washed, I see this little girl (11 maybe??) getting her picture taken with her hair stylist. I'm thinking that's kinda odd, but then I see her holding up her hair!! So, I ask my girl if she just donated her hair and she said yes! So I told her, Run go get the girl, so she can see WHO she gave her hair to!!! smile.gif So they bring the girl over to me and I told her that I saw her getting her picture and that I realized she just donated. Then I said that I was about to lose my hair and that HER hair was going to someone just like me. I wanted her to actually HAVE that connection....what are the odds you'd get that? Told her how proud I was of her to do that, and how much it meant to people who will be on the receiving end. So it was really cool!

And in the end...I love my hair. Kaci said, OH! I hate for you to have to lose your new hair cut!! lol.gif

0 comments: