CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 11, 2007

new life...with carrots

Well, I've doing as much research as I can online and through friends, books, DVDs... I've learned and really believe that cancer is NOT genetic!! That was my first shocker. Our eating habits are just passed down from what we see our parents do. Unfortunately, I didn't like my families healthy eating and had my own junk! You name it, if it was something on the "Don't eat this unless you want cancer" list, then obviously I ate it! junk, junk, junk, while the rest of my family ate their veggies!

SO, new life, second chance here. Still don't have an appointment to MDAnderson until mid March, but now that is the GOOD news!! I was kinda upset about it, but no longer!! It is giving me 6 weeks to completely change my eating habits and hopefully shrink, even irradicate my cancer by the time I get there. Do I think this can happen? YOU BET!! jump4joy.gif

Here's the new me. Keep in mind I am 5'6, 124 pounds now. (Down about 5 in the last couple of months.) So, I am not looking to lose any more weight, but to maintain and exercise.

No longer do I drink anything caffeinated. I never drank coffee, so that wasn't a big deal, and I had already given up Cokes to no-caffeine, no-fat, no-carb sodas...those are out too! No chocolate, no meat, no dairy. Now, I do eat fish because of the Omega-3 in it, but no chicken, steak, or other meats. I'm not suppose to eat packaged foods, but fresh foods.

I am eating lots of fruits, which are great antioxidants to help cleanse me, veggies, which were supposed to be good for me all this time, but I didn't eat cause I just don't like them! smile.gif So, DH has me on vegetable soup, fish fillets, fruits, fibers, water and lots and lots of green tea.

more later...

0 comments: