CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 4, 2007

My little girls.

I told Kaci and Abbie this weekend. They already knew I was "very, very sick." Knew I'd have an operation to get rid of the sick germ. I was afraid they'd hear the cancer word from somewhere else, so I decided to tell them.

We gathered on the floor under a comfy blanket and closed the door. I reminded them of how I said I had the sick germ and going to have an operation and they nodded. Then I said the germ was called cancer...had they heard of that before? No, they hadn't.

So, I sheepishly look at the them (they are 9 and 7) and say, Well girls, the germ is my bra (whispered). They giggle. Then I say as I roll my eyes in embarrassment "It's on my....breast!" They giggle. It's called Breast Cancer cause that's where the germ is. So Kaci, the oldest, says, "Boobie Cancer?!" And they giggle! YUP!! BOOBIE CANCER!!

So then I go on with they'll have to make a cut on the boobie, get rid of the cancer, I get to the royal treatment at the hospital, then come home. So Kaci inquires... when they do the operation, what happens if milk comes out!! howling.gif My eyes got real big and I said, Then I'd be really, really embarrassed!!! But also, I'd be asleep and wouldn't even know it happened...and if it did, the doctors wouldn't say anything...they've seen it all before!!

Then, of course, we talked about being in God's care, how everyone is praying, and how great it was that the doctor found it so we could get it taken care of. They left with a good feeling...the same I have, that it will be OK. I told them they'd be sad too sometimes, cause no one likes when someone else is sick, just like Papa and I pray when THEY are sick and we are sad when THEY are sick.

My concern is that they are NOT to be scared. hug.gif kiss.gif

0 comments: