CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 29, 2007

I got the news.

Monday morning I come in and everyone can't wait to know where everything is. Well, I'm still a little sore, but able to work. DH carries my things in over the weekend so I don't lift anything. Can I say how awesome he is and how much I DEARLY DEARY love him and am in love with him???!!! kiss.gif

I tell everyone it is a three business day wait, so hopefully Tuesday, probably Wednesday.

Did you hear anything? no ... Did you hear anything? no...

Of course, I'm calling home at lunch and conference time...

Tuesday (Jan. 30) during after school bus duty I get a PA announcing there is a phone call for me in the office. This is it! I'm running down the hall when another 2nd grade teacher (Mrs. D) says I'll buzz the office to send it to our media room (our hall) it will be faster! So it gets transfered. It's Dr. B's receptionist who says she has the results and that we could meet after school at 4. So I pass it quickly through the school and cry on Mrs. R's shoulder that I was suddenly scared.

DH and I go to the doctors office and wait a little bit and then taken to an exam room. We wait and talk about our day. And wait.

Dr. B finally comes in and says the results got back to her and she's looked them over and the biopsies didn't come back good. (huh?) It does appear that you have breast cancer. I just look at DH and kinda laugh, and look at Dr. B and just kinda laugh. (disbelief)

**My apologies for stopping my story there!! It was bedtime...didn't realize it would be read so quickly!!**

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program....

So Dr. B continues with my options, she is pretty strong against a lumpectomy since there are so many places and is saying a mastectomy would be my best choice. Also said she'd be sending me to Houston where MDAnderson is. Let's just say MD is one of the top cancer hospitals in the world. It is "just down the road" from Livingston. Probably about an hour, though I haven't made the journey yet.

She also says this is going to happen pretty quickly...maybe the end of the week or next week I'll have the mastectomy. GREAT we say...let's get this rolling and behind us. She DOES say that this is NOT a death sentence. It can be taken care of and then move on. She also says that I have to have hope, which will be the most important thing. I look at her and say, Well, I come from a praying school...I have hope! smile.gif

She says she is as shocked as we are since I am only 40, haven't been through menopause, and have NO family history of breast cancer, but that she is seeing it pop up blindsiding more and more.

I'm just in disbelief and she says she'll make arrangements for next week at MD. The doctor leaves the room and I break down. OMG OMG OMG

DH is awesome through this all..very encouraging and gets frustrated with timelines. We are very excited to get this going.

So we go home, but pass by Donna's house first. (very good friend, also on my 2nd grade team) She's been waiting for a call from me. Well??? In the same laughing with shock voice: I have breast cancer!

Donna: God is so good..He is right here and going to see you through this. This is not too big for Him.

**ok, I'm jumping ahead some here, but MD calls the school and sets a date. March 14 I'll have a repeat mammomgram, EKG, blood work, etc, then the following day I'll meet with my surgeon. I'll come back later and edit, but that is my timeline at the moment...no surgery date yet. It will some kind of 6 weeks, BUT I AM on the cancellation list in case someone cancels.

0 comments: